Jap – Euro Engine and Gearbox Supply Privacy Notice
This Notice explains how we obtain, use and disclose your personal information, in accordance with the requirements of the Protection of Personal Information Act (“POPIA”).
Jap – Euro Engine and Gearbox Supply (and including this website,www.japeuro.co.za ) are committed to protecting your privacy and to ensure that your personal information is collected and used properly, lawfully and transparently.
Who we are:
At Jap-Euro we import engines to the Asian car market as well as the European market. We get low mileage engines at a very affordable rate, providing our customers with value for money. Our automotive parts are petrol head’s dream and for car lovers who enjoy rebuilding vehicles. Imported engines makes vary from private cars to commercial vehicles. We cater for the following popular car models namely Bmw, Mercedes, Audi, Toyota, and Mazda along with all known vehicle makes. Our main aim is quality and assisting you with meeting your needs.
South African car market is crawling with imported vehicles and some parts for these machines can be hard to find or ridiculously expensive. So at Jap-Euro are always ahead of the curve by stocking engines on your behalf. We have an outstanding turnaround time regarding orders and deliveries. Used engines usually need a bit of tweaking, and we get to test them before purchasing them to determine if they are worth buying or not. Our imported engines are cleaned to remove all the automotive grime from oils and greases. We then proceed to service the engines and replace parts that need to be changed. There is also the element of getting the engines to be cleared through traffic laws so that they are verified on the e-Natis system as legal imports. The engines are the cleared at customs via SARS; all our transactions are above board.
Our import engines have standardized warranties on of our products. We provide our customers with a 30-day warranty on all diesel and petrol engines, counting from the day of the purchase. High performance engines are no guaranteed though. As this our specialty, for the past 11 years we have brought in engines of the utmost grade with a wide variety to meet the demands of our clients in South Africa.
How to find a Good Used Engine
The car engine is probably the most important part of a car. All things considered, a car without an engine is basically a large tin can that can’t go anywhere. That is why many car owners ensure they take care of their auto’s engine by having it checked frequently and by not abusing its capacity.
Be that as it may, there might be times when the engine stops working, regardless of whether this is a direct result of an accident or a breakdown not covered by the warranty. In such cases, the owner may opt to buy another car or replace the engine.
Acquiring a new engine can be costly, but not as expensive as purchasing another car, contingent upon the circumstances. However, a far better option is purchasing a used engine.
The type of personal information we collect:
We currently collect and process the following information:
- Personal identifiers, contacts and characteristics (for example, name and contact details)
We collect, the following information, including, but not limited to:
- information relating to the race, gender, sex, pregnancy, marital status, national, ethnic, or social origin, colour, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental health, well-being, disability, religion, conscience, belief, culture, language and birth of the person;
- information relating to the education or the medical, financial, criminal or employment history of the person;
- any identifying number, symbol, e-mail address, physical address, telephone number, location information, online identifier, or other particular assignment to the person;
- the access control information of the person;
- the personal opinions, views or preferences of the person;
- correspondence sent by the person that is implicitly or explicitly of a private or confidential nature or further correspondence that would reveal the contents of the original correspondence;
- the views or opinions of another individual about the person; and
- the name of the person if it appears with other personal information relating to the person or if the disclosure of the name itself would reveal information about the person.
We collect and process your personal information mainly to contact you for the purposes of understanding your requirements, and delivering services accordingly..
We collect information directly from you where you provide us with your personal details. Where possible, we will inform you what information you are required to provide to us and what information is optional.
Website usage information may be collected using “cookies” which allows us to collect standard internet visitor usage information.
How we get the personal information and what we use it for:
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
We will use your personal information only for the purposes for which it was collected and agreed with you. In addition, where necessary your information may be retained for legal or user experience optimisation purposes, enabling us to provide you with an enhanced service delivery experience at Jap – Euro Engine and Gearbox Supply.
- To gather contact information;
- To confirm and verify your identity or to verify that you are an authorised user for security purposes;
- For the detection and prevention of fraud, crime, money laundering or other malpractice;
- To conduct market or customer satisfaction research or for statistical analysis;
- For audit and record keeping purposes;
- In connection with legal proceedings.
We may collect or obtain personal information about you:
- directly from you;
- during the course of our interactions with you;
- when you visit and/or interact with our website or any other social media platforms or IT services;
- from a third party who is authorized to share that information;
- via a mobile or other software app developed for the Jap – Euro Engine and Gearbox Supply
We may share this information with:
We may disclose your personal information to our service providers who are involved in the delivery of products or services to you. We have agreements in place to ensure that they comply with the privacy requirements as required by the Protection of Personal Information Act.
We may also disclose your information:
- Where we have a duty or a right to disclose in terms of law or industry codes;
- Where we believe it is necessary to protect our rights.
Collection of Information by “Cookies”
When will we process your personal information:
In terms of the Protection of Personal Information Act (POPIA), the justification ground which we base our processing on consist out of the following:
- The data subject or a competent person where the data subject is a child consents to the processing. Kindly note that you have the right to withdraw your consent;
- The processing is necessary to carry out actions for the conclusion or performance of a contract to which the data subject is a party;
- The processing complies with an obligation imposed by law on the business;
- The processing protects a legitimate interest of the data subject;
- The processing is necessary for the proper performance of a public law duty by the business;
- The processing is necessary for pursuing the legitimate interests of the business or of a third party to whom the information is supplied.
How we store your personal information:
Your information is securely stored:
We are legally obliged to provide adequate protection for the personal information we hold and to stop unauthorized access and use of personal information. We will, on an on-going basis, continue to review our security controls and related processes to ensure that your personal information remains secure.
Our security policies and procedures cover:
- Physical security;
- Computer and network security;
- Access to personal information;
- Secure communications;
- Security in contracting out activities or functions;
- Retention and disposal of information;
- Acceptable usage of personal information;
- Governance and regulatory issues;
- Monitoring access and usage of private information;
- Investigating and reacting to security incidents.
When we contract with third parties, we impose appropriate security, privacy and confidentiality obligations on them to ensure that personal information that we remain responsible for, is kept secure.
We keep your information in accordance with our Data Retention Policy. We will then dispose your information in accordance with our Data Destruction Policy.
International Transfer of Personal Information
In some cases, the third parties to whom we may disclose your personal information may be located outside your country of residence (for example, in a cloud service, system or server), and may be subject to different privacy regimes.
When we disclose personal information overseas, we will take appropriate safeguards to protect your personal information to ensure that the recipient will handle the information in a manner consistent with this policy and the level of protection provided for in POPIA.
Your data protection rights:
- You are entitled to access your personal data by sending a written request to firstname.lastname@example.org.We may charge you a fee for this service as set out in terms of Condition 8 of POPIA.
- You may also request to correct or supplement any of your personal data which Jap – Euro Engine and Gearbox Supply will undertake as soon as practicable.
- Request the destruction of your personal data. Kee Lip Joseph will consider your request in light of any other laws or regulations prohibiting Jap – Euro Engine and Gearbox Supply from destroying your personal data.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us at email@example.com if you wish to make a request.
Name: Kee Lip Joseph
Address: 2 Derrick Coetzee Street, Jet Park, Boksburg, 1459
Phone Number: 011 397 5521/22/23/24
How to complain:
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also complain to the Information Regulator if you are not satisfied with how we have used your Information.
Their contact details are as follows:
The Information Regulator (South Africa)
27 Stiemens Street
Forum III, 3rd Floor Braampark
P.O Box 31533
Braamfontein, Johannesburg, 2017
Complaints email: complaints.IR@justice.gov.za